While much has changed since The Milford Bank was established in 1872, some things have remained the same. That includes our commitment to provide customers with the highest level of service. As a mutual savings bank, our focus is to meet the financial needs of the communities we serve. We count on our team of talented, diverse and dedicated employees to make every customer experience a great one.
The following positions are currently available:
Part Time, approx 25 hours per week (includes weekends)
Under the supervision of the Teller Supervisor and the direction of the Customer Solutions Specialist and Branch Manager, performs a variety of customer service and related duties in a courteous, professional, and ethical manner to provide efficient, accurate service to customers by following Bank policies, procedures and guidelines in order to prevent fraud and the potential for loss. Successfully completes initial and on-going training programs, including on-line courses, to maintain a comprehensive understanding of pertinent topics as the Bank deems necessary from time to time.
1. Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide stellar customer service and to increase the productivity and profitability of the Bank.
2. Maintains high ethical standards while performing all duties in accordance with the Bank’s internal policies and procedures and within prescribed legal, regulatory and compliance guidelines.
3. Organizes work station daily: inventories cash, requests and verifies cash upon receipt, obtains necessary forms and other supplies, etc.
4. Verifies customer identity and signature and obtains other appropriate information to ensure the validity of each transaction before processing. Accurately and quickly processes customer transactions including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, night transactions, etc. Cashes checks within limits of established policy; obtains approval and enters appropriate check holds as required. Sells money orders, official bank checks, traveler’s checks, and other related products.
5. Maintains a general knowledge of the Bank’s consumer and retail products and services. Assesses the financial needs of the customer and recognizes and acts on opportunities to recommend products and services to meet those needs. Routinely displays initiative and progress in meeting individual and branch sales and referral goals.
6. Responds to and resolves customer inquiries; refers unresolved problems or concerns to the Teller Supervisor or Managers for further action.
7. Properly balances daily transactions to cash. Performs related tasks to ensure all work and totals are in balance. Scans checks and files work.
8. Balances the ATM, and performs other duties to expedite the daily balancing of the branch.
Other Responsibilities Include
9. May assist customers entering and exiting the safe deposit box area, verifying appropriate information and obtaining signatures as required.
10. May perform a variety of related customer service and/or support functions as assigned including, but not limited to, balancing the coin machine, preparing routine correspondence, filing, typing, maintenance of records, etc.
11. Assists Teller Supervisor as requested and may serve as backup to the Teller Supervisor in that person’s absence.
12. Operates as a team player, performing other tasks as requested to ensure the timely completion of branch work and special projects.
The above is a description of the ordinary duties of the position. It should be expected that from time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and, therefore, required to maintain the bank’s service and work standards.
Position Requirements as outlined above and including the following:
• High school diploma or equivalent is required; a minimum of 1 year of previous Teller experience is preferred
• Must have a friendly, helpful attitude and interact with others in a professional, courteous and ethical manner
• Must display effective and appropriate communication, customer service, and cross-selling skills
• Must be detail-oriented, possess accurate math ability, and be able to accurately process transactions and handle large amounts of cash in an expeditious and courteous manner
• Experience with Windows-based PC applications and able to use various types of office equipment including but not limited to PC, telephone, and fax.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 52 lbs.
To apply for a current opening, click on the above link to download the PDF application.
Call the Human Resources Department at 203.783.5709 to request a paper application.
Completed applications can be returned to any office of The Milford Bank or mailed to:
The Milford Bank
Human Resources Department
33 Broad Street
Milford CT 06460
You can also fax your completed application directly to our HR Department at 203.783.5779.
Our commitment to attracting, developing and maintaining a talented diverse workforce is key to the continued success of our organization. The Milford Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that offers competitive salaries and benefits. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V